Congratulations to Sung Jin Park, whose paper "Phototactic Guidance of a tissue-engineered soft-robotic ray" is featured on the cover of the July 8 issue of Science!
General Daniel B. Allyn visits the DBG September 14th, 2016
The DBG had the pleasure of hosting General Daniel B. Allyn, Vice Chief of Staff of the US Army, for a tour of the lab on September 14, 2016. Pictured here with General Allyn are (left to right) lab members and Veterans Ian Perkins (USA), Angie Greer (USA), Ben Maoz (IDF), General Allyn, Prof. Kit Parker (LTC, Reserves), John Ferrier (USAF), Alex Cho (USMC), and BG Michael Phillips USA (Ret.).
Thank you summer students! August 30th, 2016
Thank you to all the undergraduate students who spent time working in the lab over the summer. We wish you all the best this school year!
|Alex Cho, Northeastern University|
|Alexandra Bell, United States Military Academy at West Point|
|Aviv Preminger, Weslyan University|
|Beom Jin An, United States Military Academy at West Point|
|Brian Fountaine, Northeastern University|
|Charlie Alver, Harvard University|
|Daniel Villarreal, Bunker Hill Community College|
|Ian Perkins, Northeastern University|
|John Doyle, Bunker Hill Community College|
|Joseph Schlessinger, United States Military Academy at West Point|
|Karaghen Hudson, Harvard University|
|Kenneth Sims, United States Military Academy at West Point|
|Lauren Dickinson, Hendrix College|
|Madeleine Dahl, Bunker Hill Community College|
|Natalie Nepa, United States Military Academy at West Point|
|Nikita Budnik, McGill University|
|Oscar Deal, United States Military Academy at West Point|
|Ryan Halvorson, Harvard University|
|Sayo Eweje, Harvard University|
|Zachary Riggenbach, United States Military Academy at West Point|
Welcome, John! August 10th, 2016
The DBG would like to welcome Post-Doctoral Fellow John Zimmerman, who joined the group August 3. John comes to us from the University of Chicago, where he recently completed his Ph.D. in Chemistry. We are excited to have John here!
Welcome, General Phillips! August 1st, 2016
Brigadier General Michael D. Phillips, Ph.D. (USA, Retired) has joined the Disease Biophysics Group, effective August 1, continuing a longstanding collaboration. Most recently, General Phillips served as a Professor of Applied Mathematics and Head of the Department of Mathematical Sciences at the United States Military Academy at West Point. We are looking forward to having him with us full time!
Welcome back, Professor Shin! July 18th, 2016
The DBG would like to welcome Professor Kwanwoo Shin who is visiting us from Sogang University in Seoul, Korea. Professor Shin is the Chair of the Department of Chemistry and the Director of the Institute of Biological Interfaces. We are grateful for our continued collaboration and partnership with Professor Shin and his lab!
85. Chal J, Tanoury ZA, Hestin M, Gobert B, Aivio S,Hick A,Cherrier T, Nesmith AP, Parker KK, Pourquié O. Generation of human muscle fibers and satellite-like cells from human pluripotent stem cells in vitro. Nature Protocols. 1 September 2016; doi:10.1038/nprot.2016.110
84. Park SJ, Gazzola M, Park KS, Park S, DiSanto V, Blevins EL, Lind JU, Campbell PH, Dauth S, Capulli AK, Pasqualini FS, Ahn S, Cho A, Yuan H, Maoz BM, Vijaykumar R, Choi JW, Deisseroth K, Lauder GV, Mahadevan L, Parker KK. Phototactic guidance of a tissue-engineered soft-robotic ray. Science. 2016 July 8; doi: 10.1126/science.aaf4292
83. Pope BD, Warren CR, Parker KK, Cowan, CA. Microenvironmental control of adipocyte fate and function. Trends in Cell Biology. 2016 June 5; doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.tcb.2016.05.005 [Epub ahead of print]
82. Capulli AK, MacQueen LA, O’Connor BB, Dauth S, Parker KK. Acute pergolide exposure stiffens engineered valve interstitial cell tissues and reduced contractility in vitro. Cardiovascular Pathology. 2016 Apr 25; 25(4):316-324. doi: 10.1016/j.carpath.2016.04.004. [Epub ahead of print]
81. Capulli AK, MacQueen LA, Sheehy SP, Parker KK. Fibrous scaffolds for building hearts and heart parts. Adv. drug delivery reviews. 2016 Jan 15. 96, 83-102. doi:10.1016/j.addr.2015.11.020
80. Aratyn-Schaus Y, Pasqualini FS, Yuan H, McCain ML, Ye GJ, Sheehy SP, Campbell PH, Parker KK. Coupling primary and stem cell-derived cardiomyocytes in an in vitro model of cardiac cell therapy. J Cell Biol. 2016 Feb 8. doi: 10.1083/jcb.201508026
79. Dauth S, Grevesse T, Pantazopoulos H, Campbell PH, Maoz, BM, Berretta S and Parker KK. Extracellular matrix protein expression is brain region dependent. J Comp Neurol. 2016 Jan 18. doi: 10.1002/cne.23965. [Epub ahead of print]