BBQ Smoker on the BBC May 28th, 2015
Read The Engineer Making Meat Tastier at this link BBC
The Ultimate Smoker on Marketplace May 28th, 2015
New England Public Radio’s Susan Kaplan reports on the ultimate smoker. Here is the link to the story at Marketplace.
WZLX Radio Interview May 28th, 2015
Karlson and McKenzie interview Kit Parker on the ultimate smoker. Here is the link at 100.7 WZLX.
BBQ Smoker Complete May 9th, 2015
Folks, we have completed the ultimate BBQ smoker. Here is the link to some of the early press coverage.
Standby for more.
Welcome, New Fellows! May 9th, 2015
The DBG would like to welcome our newest Post-Doctoral Fellows to the team. Dr. Arun Shrivats completed his Ph.D. at Carnegie Mellon University and joins us after a brief period in industry. Dr. Alanna Gannon completed her Ph.D. at Trinity College, University of Dublin. Dr. Dong-Hwee Kim joins us after completing his doctoral studies at Johns Hopkins University. Ben Pope joins us from Florida where he received his Ph.D. from Florida State University. Welcome to the DBG!
72. Grevesse T, Dabiri BE, Parker KK, Gabriele S. Opposite rheological properties of neuronal microcompartments predict axonal vulnerability in brain injury. Sci Rep. 2015 Mar 30;5:9475.
71. Hemphill MA, Dauth S, Yu CJ, Dabiri BE, Parker KK. Traumatic Brain Injury and the Neuronal Microenvironment: A Potential Role for Neuropathological Mechanotransduction. Neuron. 2015 Mar 18;85(6):1177-1192.
70. Pasqualini FS, Sheehy SP, Agarwal A, Aratyn-Schaus Y, Parker KK. Structural Phenotyping of Stem Cell Derived Cardiomyocytes. Stem Cell Reports. 2015 Mar 10;4(3):340-7.
Downloadable content: ImageJ script for the analysis of confocal images from differentiated , immature and mature neonate rat cardiomyocytes as well as hiPS-derived cardiomyocytes.
69. Golecki HM, Yuan H, Glavin C, Potter B, Badrossamay MR, Goss JA, Phillips MD, Parker KK. Effect of solvent evaporation on fiber morphology in rotary jet spinning. Langmuir. 2014 Nov 11;30(44):13369-74.
68. Ye GJ, Nesmith AP, Parker KK.The role of mechanotransduction on vascular smooth muscle myocytes cytoskeleton and contractile function. Anat Rec (Hoboken). 2014 Sep;297(9):1758-69.
67. Nesmith AP, Agarwal A, McCain ML, Parker KK. Human airway musculature on a chip: an in vitro model of allergic asthmatic bronchoconstriction and bronchodilation. Lab Chip, 2014, 14, 3925-3936.
66. Capulli AK, Tian K, Mehandru N, Bukhta A,, Choudhury SF, Suchyta M and Parker KK. Approaching the in vitro clinical trial: engineering organs on chips Lab Chip, 2014, 14, 3181 [Epub ahead of print]