Welcome to the DBG! June 20th, 2016
We would like to welcome two new members to the DBG team. Michael Rosnach joins us as an Industrial Design Fellow. He holds a BFA in Animation, an MFA in Painting, and a post graduate certificate in Industrial Design. Jack Zhou is a recent graduate of Harvard with an S.B. in Engineering Sciences, Bioengineering Track. Welcome, Michael & Jack – we are excited to have you with us!
Welcome Louise! February 16th, 2016
The DBG would like to welcome Louise Lagendijk, who joined the group in January. Louise is a physician and researcher from The Netherlands, and we are excited to have her with us!
The latest on our Art & Science Collaboration November 16th, 2015
Check out this article from artfixdaily.com for the latest news on our collaboration with artist Carla Ciuffo: http://www.artfixdaily.com/artwire/release/9911-harvard-visiting-artist-carla-ciuffo-merges-art-with-cutting-edge
Welcome to the DBG! October 21st, 2015
The DBG would like to welcome our new Post-Doctoral Fellow Adrian Buganza Tepole. Adrian comes to us from Stanford University, where he recently completed his Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering. We are excited to have Adrian join us!
Merging Art and Science September 17th, 2015
Recently the DBG had the pleasure of hosting Nashville, TN based artist Carla Ciuffo for a collaboration with our Nanofibers team, resulting in a new traveling museum exhibit titled “Nano . Stasis” The objective of this multimedia exhibition is to unify a stunning advance in science with its artistic counterpart, in effect emphasizing how creativity, beauty and science are truly intertwined. Learn more about how she is merging art with science here: http://www.carlaciuffophotography.com/nano-stasis-cosmic-garden
83. Pope BD, Warren CR, Parker KK, Cowan, CA. Microenvironmental control of adipocyte fate and function. Trends in Cell Biology. 2016 June 5; doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.tcb.2016.05.005 [Epub ahead of print]
82. Capulli AK, MacQueen LA, O’Connor BB, Dauth S, Parker KK. Acute pergolide exposure stiffens engineered valve interstitial cell tissues and reduced contractility in vitro. Cardiovascular Pathology. 2016 Apr 25; 25(4):316-324. doi: 10.1016/j.carpath.2016.04.004. [Epub ahead of print]
81. Capulli AK, MacQueen LA, Sheehy SP, Parker KK. Fibrous scaffolds for building hearts and heart parts. Adv. drug delivery reviews. 2016 Jan 15. 96, 83-102. doi:10.1016/j.addr.2015.11.020
80. Aratyn-Schaus Y, Pasqualini FS, Yuan H, McCain ML, Ye GJ, Sheehy SP, Campbell PH, Parker KK. Coupling primary and stem cell-derived cardiomyocytes in an in vitro model of cardiac cell therapy. J Cell Biol. 2016 Feb 8. doi: 10.1083/jcb.201508026
79. Dauth S, Grevesse T, Pantazopoulos H, Campbell PH, Maoz, BM, Berretta S and Parker KK. Extracellular matrix protein expression is brain region dependent. J Comp Neurol. 2016 Jan 18. doi: 10.1002/cne.23965. [Epub ahead of print]
78. Horton RE, Yadid M, McCain, ML, Sheehy SP, Pasqualini FS, Park SJ, Cho A, Campbell P, Parker KK. Angiotensin II Induced Cardiac Dysfunction on a Chip. PLos ONE. 2016; 1(1): e0146415. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0146415
77. Maia PD, Hemphill MA, Zehnder B, Zhang C, Parker KK, Kutz JN. Diagnostic tools for evaluating the impact of Focal Axonal Swellings arising in neurodegenerative diseases and/or traumatic brain injury. J Neurosci Methods. 2015 Sept 30;253:233-243. Epub 2015 Jul 16.