Congratulations Grant Gonzalez and Michael Rosnach on the cover of Macromolecular Materials and Engineering! January 23rd, 2017
Parker Lab Artist Michael Rosnach’s illustration accompanying PhD Student Grant Gonzalez’s paper “Production of synthetic, para-aramid and biopolymer nanofibers by immersion rotary jet-spinning” was chosen for the January 2017 cover of Macromolecular Materials and Engineering.
“Utilizing a precipitant vortex, a novel nanofiber platform produces Kevlar, nylon, DNA, and alginate nanofibers for high-performance composites and tissue engineering applications.”
Congratulations to Ian Perkins & Alex Cho! January 5th, 2017
The DBG would like to congratulate Ian Perkins and Alex Cho who both graduated from Northeastern University in December. Ian received his B.S. in Mechanical Engineering and Alex his B.S. in Biology. We would like to thank you both for your significant contributions to the DBG over the past several years, and we are grateful that you are both continuing with us in the lab this semester!
Congratulations Dr. Capulli! December 15th, 2016
Congratulations to Dr. Andrew Capulli who successfully defended his dissertation in December, and will continue in the DBG as a Postdoctoral Fellow.
Congratulations Dr. Nesmith! December 15th, 2016
Congratulations to Dr. Peyton Nesmith who successfully defended his dissertation last month. We wish him the best of luck as he returns to the University of Alabama to complete his M.D.
Congratulations to Parker Lab Post-doc Johan Lind, Ph.D., on the publication of his Heart-on-a-Chip paper in Nature Materials on October 24! October 25th, 2016
93. Deravi LF, Sinatra NR, Chantre CO, Nesmith AP, Yuan H, Deravi SK, Goss JA, MacQueen LA, Badrossamy MR, Gonzalez GM, Phillips MD, Parker KK. Design and fabrication of fibrous nanomaterials using pull spinning. Macromolecular Materials and Engineering. 17 January 2017. DOI: 10.1002/mame.201600404. [Epub ahead of print].
92. Dauth S, Maoz BM, Sheehy SP, Hemphill MA, Murty T, Macedonia MK, Greer AM, Budnik B, Parker KK. Neurons derived from different brain regions are inherently different in vitro: A novel multiregional brain-on-a-chip. Journal of Neurophysiology. 28 December 2016. doi: 10.1152/jn.00575.2016. [Epub ahead of print].
91. Benam KH, Novak R, Nawroth J, Hirano-Kobayashi M, Ferrante TC, Choe Y, Prantil-Baun R, Weaver JC, Bahinski A, Parker KK, Ingber DE. Matched-Comparative Modeling of Normal and Diseased Human Airway Responses Using a Microengineered Breathing Lung Chip. Cell Systems. 27 October 2016. doi:10.1016/j.cels.2016.10.003 [Epub ahead of print].
90. Lind JU, Busbee TA, Valentine AD, Pasqualini FS, Yuan H, Yadid M, Park SJ, Kotikian A, Nesmith AP, Campbell PH, Vlassak JJ, Lewis JA, Parker KK. Instrumented cardiac microphysiological devices via multimaterial three-dimensional printing. Nature Materials. 24 October 2016; doi: 10.1038/nmat4782.
89. Gonzalez GM, MacQueen LA, Lind JU, Fitzgibbons SA, Chantre CO, Huggler I, Golecki HM, Goss JA, Parker KK. Production of synthetic, para-aramid and biopolymer nanofibers by immersion rotary jet-spinning. Macromolecular Materials and Engineering. 7 October 2016; doi: 10.1002/mame.201600365 [Epub ahead of print].
88. Pasqualini FS, Emmert MY, Parker KK, Hoerstrup SP. Organ Chips: Quality Assurance Systems in Regenerative Medicine. Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2016 Oct 6. doi: 10.1002/cpt.527. [Epub ahead of print]
87. Nesmith, AP, Wagner MA, Pasqualini FS, O’Connor BB, Pincus MJ, August PR, Parker KK. A human in vitro model of Duchenne muscular dystrophy muscle formation and contractility. The Journal of Cell Biology. 3 October 2016; doi: 10.1083/jcb.201603111.