Congratulations to Dr. Hemphill!! June 1st, 2015
Matthew Hemphill was hooded as part of the Harvard Commencement Exercises last week! Matt completed his doctorate last calendar year and is now a postdoctoral fellow at the University of Pennsylvania Department of Bioengineering. Congrats Matt!
BBQ Smoker Complete May 9th, 2015
Folks, we have completed the ultimate BBQ smoker. Here is the link to some of the early press coverage.
Standby for more.
Welcome, New Fellows! May 9th, 2015
The DBG would like to welcome our newest Post-Doctoral Fellows to the team. Dr. Arun Shrivats completed his Ph.D. at Carnegie Mellon University and joins us after a brief period in industry. Dr. Alanna Gannon completed her Ph.D. at Trinity College, University of Dublin. Dr. Dong-Hwee Kim joins us after completing his doctoral studies at Johns Hopkins University. Ben Pope joins us from Florida where he received his Ph.D. from Florida State University. Welcome to the DBG!
Welcome to the DBG!! May 8th, 2015
2015 sees the arrival of one new researcher to the DBG team and the return of one researcher. Mary Kate Macedonia joins us from Case Western University. Kevin Murphy returns to the DBG after some time in the NFL. Maeve Gilmartin also joins us from Galway, Ireland and will work as our new Research Project Administrator. Welcome everybody!
Congratulations! January 24th, 2015
Congratulations to David Boyle on his retirement from Harvard!! Thank you, David, for your years of service to Harvard and to the DBG and good luck in your future endeavors. You will be missed!!
77. Maia PD, Hemphill MA, Zehnder B, Zhang C, Parker KK, Kutz JN. Diagnostic tools for evaluating the impact of Focal Axonal Swellings arising in neurodegenerative diseases and/or traumatic brain injury. J Neurosci Methods. 2015 Jul 16;253:233-243. [Epub ahead of print]
76. Ahn S, Deravi LF, Park SJ, Dabiri BE, Kim JS, Parker KK, Shin K. Self-organizing large-scale extracellular-matrix protein networks. Adv Mater. 2015 May;27(18):2838-45.
75. Lee H, Adams WJ, Alford PW, McCain ML, Feinberg AW, Sheehy SP, Goss JA, Parker KK. Cytoskeletal prestress regulates nuclear shape and stiffness in cardiac myocytes. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2015 Apr 23. [Epub ahead of print].
74. Drew NK, Eagleson MA, Baldo DB Jr, Parker KK, Grosberg A. Metrics for assessing cytoskeletal orientational correlations and consistency. PLoS Comput Biol. 2015 Apr 7;11(4).
73. Grevesse T, Dabiri BE, Parker KK, Gabriele S. Opposite rheological properties of neuronal microcompartments predict axonal vulnerability in brain injury. Sci Rep. 2015 Mar 30;5:9475.
72. Hemphill MA, Dauth S, Yu CJ, Dabiri BE, Parker KK. Traumatic Brain Injury and the Neuronal Microenvironment: A Potential Role for Neuropathological Mechanotransduction. Neuron. 2015 Mar 18;85(6):1177-1192.
71. Pasqualini FS, Sheehy SP, Agarwal A, Aratyn-Schaus Y, Parker KK. Structural Phenotyping of Stem Cell Derived Cardiomyocytes. Stem Cell Reports. 2015 Mar 10;4(3):340-7.