Congratulations to Sung Jin Park, whose paper "Phototactic Guidance of a tissue-engineered soft-robotic ray" is featured on the cover of the July 8 issue of Science!
Welcome back, Professor Shin! July 18th, 2016
The DBG would like to welcome Professor Kwanwoo Shin who is visiting us from Sogang University in Seoul, Korea. Professor Shin is the Chair of the Department of Chemistry and the Director of the Institute of Biological Interfaces. We are grateful for our continued collaboration and partnership with Professor Shin and his lab!
Welcome, Summer Students! July 18th, 2016
The DBG would like to extend a warm welcome to the new undergraduate students working in the lab this summer:
Beom Jin An – West Point
Natalie Nepa – West Point
Kenneth Sims – West Point
Alexandra Bell – West Point
Zachary Riggenback – West Point
Oscar Deal – West Point
Joseph Schlessinger – West Point
Madeline Dahl – Bunker Hill Community College
Daniel Villarreal – Bunker Hill Community College
Brian Fountaine – Northeastern University
Aviv Preminger – Weslyan University
Nikita Budnik – McGill University
Lauren Dickinson – Hendrix College
Welcome to the DBG! June 20th, 2016
We would like to welcome two new members to the DBG team. Michael Rosnach joins us as an Industrial Design Fellow. He holds a BFA in Animation, an MFA in Painting, and a post graduate certificate in Industrial Design. Jack Zhou is a recent graduate of Harvard with an S.B. in Engineering Sciences, Bioengineering Track. Welcome, Michael & Jack – we are excited to have you with us!
Welcome Louise! February 16th, 2016
The DBG would like to welcome Louise Lagendijk, who joined the group in January. Louise is a physician and researcher from The Netherlands, and we are excited to have her with us!
The latest on our Art & Science Collaboration November 16th, 2015
Check out this article from artfixdaily.com for the latest news on our collaboration with artist Carla Ciuffo: http://www.artfixdaily.com/artwire/release/9911-harvard-visiting-artist-carla-ciuffo-merges-art-with-cutting-edge
84. Park SJ, Gazzola M, Park KS, Park S, DiSanto V, Blevins EL, Lind JU, Campbell PH, Dauth S, Capulli AK, Pasqualini FS, Ahn S, Cho A, Yuan H, Maoz BM, Vijaykumar R, Choi JW, Deisseroth K, Lauder GV, Mahadevan L, Parker KK. Phototactic guidance of a tissue-engineered soft-robotic ray. Science. 2016 July 8; doi: 10.1126/science.aaf4292
83. Pope BD, Warren CR, Parker KK, Cowan, CA. Microenvironmental control of adipocyte fate and function. Trends in Cell Biology. 2016 June 5; doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.tcb.2016.05.005 [Epub ahead of print]
82. Capulli AK, MacQueen LA, O’Connor BB, Dauth S, Parker KK. Acute pergolide exposure stiffens engineered valve interstitial cell tissues and reduced contractility in vitro. Cardiovascular Pathology. 2016 Apr 25; 25(4):316-324. doi: 10.1016/j.carpath.2016.04.004. [Epub ahead of print]
81. Capulli AK, MacQueen LA, Sheehy SP, Parker KK. Fibrous scaffolds for building hearts and heart parts. Adv. drug delivery reviews. 2016 Jan 15. 96, 83-102. doi:10.1016/j.addr.2015.11.020
80. Aratyn-Schaus Y, Pasqualini FS, Yuan H, McCain ML, Ye GJ, Sheehy SP, Campbell PH, Parker KK. Coupling primary and stem cell-derived cardiomyocytes in an in vitro model of cardiac cell therapy. J Cell Biol. 2016 Feb 8. doi: 10.1083/jcb.201508026
79. Dauth S, Grevesse T, Pantazopoulos H, Campbell PH, Maoz, BM, Berretta S and Parker KK. Extracellular matrix protein expression is brain region dependent. J Comp Neurol. 2016 Jan 18. doi: 10.1002/cne.23965. [Epub ahead of print]
78. Horton RE, Yadid M, McCain, ML, Sheehy SP, Pasqualini FS, Park SJ, Cho A, Campbell P, Parker KK. Angiotensin II Induced Cardiac Dysfunction on a Chip. PLos ONE. 2016; 1(1): e0146415. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0146415