Congratulations! January 24th, 2015
Congratulations to David Boyle on his retirement from Harvard!! Thank you, David, for your years of service to Harvard and to the DBG and good luck in your future endeavors. You will be missed!!
Congratulations to Megan McCain September 4th, 2014
Megan McCain has been named as a Technology Review TR35, the “35 innovators under 35″ who are changing the world. Megan’s received this distinguished honor for her current work at USC and at the DBG in developing a “heart-on-a-chip”. To read more about the TR35, click here.
Summer Researchers – Many thanks for all your efforts!! August 26th, 2014
The DBG would like to thank all of our Summer Researchers who contributed to our research this summer and when disaster struck during torrential rains and the lab flooded, they came to help rescue our equipment and supplies. We had several REU students, cadets from West Point, HU undergraduates and in coming undergraduates, plus a couple of high school students. Thanks for all your efforts.
Welcome to Lisa Scudder to the DBG! August 26th, 2014
The DBG would like to welcome our new Post-Doctoral Fellow, Lisa Scudder. Lisa joins us from laboratories of Professor Alfred L. George at Vanderbilt University, where she completed her Ph.D. in Pharmacology. We are excited about Lisa joining the team.
67. Nesmith AP, Agarwal A, McCain ML, Parker KK. Human airway musculature on a chip: an in vitro model of allergic asthmatic bronchoconstriction and bronchodilation. Lab Chip, 2014, 14, 3925-3936.
66. Capulli AK, Tian K, Mehandru N, Bukhta A,, Choudhury SF, Suchyta M and Parker KK. Approaching the in vitro clinical trial: engineering organs on chips Lab Chip, 2014, 14, 3181 [Epub ahead of print]
65. Wang G, McCain ML, Yang L, He A, Pasqualini FS, Agarwal A, Yuan H, Jiang D, Zhang D, Zangi L, Geva J, Roberts AE, Ma Q, Ding J, Chen J, Wang DZ, Li K, Wang J, Wanders RJ, Kulik W, Vaz FM, Laflamme MA, Murry CE, Chien KR, Kelley RI, Church GM, Parker KK, Pu WT. Modeling the mitochondrial cardiomyopathy of Barth syndrome with induced pluripotent stem cell and heart-on-chip technologies. Nat Med. 2014 May 11. doi: 10.1038/nm.3545. [Epub ahead of print]
64. McCain ML, Yuan H, Pasqualini FS, Campbell PH, Parker KK. Matrix elasticity regulates the optimal cardiac myocyte shape for contractility. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. Jun 2014,306(11)H1525-H1539;DOI: 10.1152/ajpheart.00799.2013.
63. McCain ML, Agarwal A, Nesmith HW, Nesmith AP, Parker KK. Micromolded gelatin hydrogels for extended culture of engineered cardiac tissues Biomaterials. 2014 Apr 11. pii: S0142-9612(14)00312-3. doi: 10.1016/j.biomaterials.2014.03.052. [Epub ahead of print]
62. Sheehy SP, Pasqualini F, Grosberg A, Park SJ, Yvonne Aratyn-Schaus Y, Parker KK. Quality Metrics for Stem Cell-Derived Cardiac Myocytes. Stem Cell Reports. 2014 Mar;2(3):282-294.
61. Badrossamay MR, Balachandran K, Capulli AK, Golecki HM, Agarwal A, Goss JA, Kim H, Shin K, Parker KK. Engineering hybrid polymer-protein super-aligned nanofibers via rotary jet spinning. Biomaterials. 2014 Mar;35(10):3188-97.