BBQ Smoker Complete May 9th, 2015
Folks, we have completed the ultimate BBQ smoker. Here is the link to some of the early press coverage.
Standby for more.
Welcome, New Fellows! May 9th, 2015
The DBG would like to welcome our newest Post-Doctoral Fellows to the team. Dr. Arun Shrivats completed his Ph.D. at Carnegie Mellon University and joins us after a brief period in industry. Dr. Alanna Gannon completed her Ph.D. at Trinity College, University of Dublin. Dr. Dong-Hwee Kim joins us after completing his doctoral studies at Johns Hopkins University. Ben Pope joins us from Florida where he received his Ph.D. from Florida State University. Welcome to the DBG!
Welcome to the DBG!! May 8th, 2015
2015 sees the arrival of one new researcher to the DBG team and the return of one researcher. Mary Kate Macedonia joins us from Case Western University. Kevin Murphy returns to the DBG after some time in the NFL. Maeve Gilmartin also joins us from Galway, Ireland and will work as our new Research Project Administrator. Welcome everybody!
Congratulations! January 24th, 2015
Congratulations to David Boyle on his retirement from Harvard!! Thank you, David, for your years of service to Harvard and to the DBG and good luck in your future endeavors. You will be missed!!
Congratulations to Megan McCain September 4th, 2014
Megan McCain has been named as a Technology Review TR35, the “35 innovators under 35″ who are changing the world. Megan’s received this distinguished honor for her current work at USC and at the DBG in developing a “heart-on-a-chip”. To read more about the TR35, click here.
72. Grevesse T, Dabiri BE, Parker KK, Gabriele S. Opposite rheological properties of neuronal microcompartments predict axonal vulnerability in brain injury. Sci Rep. 2015 Mar 30;5:9475.
71. Hemphill MA, Dauth S, Yu CJ, Dabiri BE, Parker KK. Traumatic Brain Injury and the Neuronal Microenvironment: A Potential Role for Neuropathological Mechanotransduction. Neuron. 2015 Mar 18;85(6):1177-1192.
70. Pasqualini FS, Sheehy SP, Agarwal A, Aratyn-Schaus Y, Parker KK. Structural Phenotyping of Stem Cell Derived Cardiomyocytes. Stem Cell Reports. 2015 Mar 10;4(3):340-7.
Downloadable content: ImageJ script for the analysis of confocal images from differentiated , immature and mature neonate rat cardiomyocytes as well as hiPS-derived cardiomyocytes.
69. Golecki HM, Yuan H, Glavin C, Potter B, Badrossamay MR, Goss JA, Phillips MD, Parker KK. Effect of solvent evaporation on fiber morphology in rotary jet spinning. Langmuir. 2014 Nov 11;30(44):13369-74.
68. Ye GJ, Nesmith AP, Parker KK.The role of mechanotransduction on vascular smooth muscle myocytes cytoskeleton and contractile function. Anat Rec (Hoboken). 2014 Sep;297(9):1758-69.
67. Nesmith AP, Agarwal A, McCain ML, Parker KK. Human airway musculature on a chip: an in vitro model of allergic asthmatic bronchoconstriction and bronchodilation. Lab Chip, 2014, 14, 3925-3936.
66. Capulli AK, Tian K, Mehandru N, Bukhta A,, Choudhury SF, Suchyta M and Parker KK. Approaching the in vitro clinical trial: engineering organs on chips Lab Chip, 2014, 14, 3181 [Epub ahead of print]