Welcome Dr. Cera and Dr. Lee! April 3rd, 2017
The DBG would like to extend a warm welcome to our new postdoctoral fellows, Luca Cera & Keel Yong Lee. Luca comes to us from Berlin, German, where he recently completed his Ph.D. in Chemistry under the guidance of Prof. Dr. Christoph A. Schalley. Keel Yong recently completed his Ph.D. in Prof. Kwanwoo Shin’s lab at Sogang University in Seoul, South Korea. We are looking forward to expanding on our past collaborations with him.
Congratulations to Karaghen Hudson, Leila Deravi & Nina Sinatra on the cover of Macromolecular Materials and Engineering! March 27th, 2017
Parker Lab Artist Karaghen Hudson’s illustration accompanying Leila Deravi & Nina Sinatra’s paper “Design and Fabrication of Fibrous Nanomaterials Using Pull Spinning” was chosen for the March 2017 cover of Macromolecular Materials and Engineering.
Pull spinning is a new nanofiber manufacturing technique that uses a high-speed rotating bristle to draw anisotropic nanofibers from a polymer solution. The versatile structure and composition of scaffolds formed using pull spinning enables a wide range of applications, including muscle tissue engineering and textile design.
Congratulations to George Touloumes! March 21st, 2017
Congratulations to Parker Lab PhD student George Touloumes who has been awarded an NSF Graduate Research Fellowship.
Congratulations to Ben Pope! March 21st, 2017
Congratulations to Parker Lab Postdoc Ben Pope who was recently awarded a Life Sciences Research Foundation Fellowship sponsored by the Good Ventures Foundation.
Congratulations Grant Gonzalez and Michael Rosnach on the cover of Macromolecular Materials and Engineering! January 23rd, 2017
Parker Lab Artist Michael Rosnach’s illustration accompanying PhD Student Grant Gonzalez’s paper “Production of synthetic, para-aramid and biopolymer nanofibers by immersion rotary jet-spinning” was chosen for the January 2017 cover of Macromolecular Materials and Engineering.
“Utilizing a precipitant vortex, a novel nanofiber platform produces Kevlar, nylon, DNA, and alginate nanofibers for high-performance composites and tissue engineering applications.”
94. Deravi LF, Sinatra NR, Chantre CO, Nesmith AP, Yuan H, Deravi SK, Goss JA, MacQueen LA, Badrossamy MR, Gonzalez GM, Phillips MD, Parker KK. Design and fabrication of fibrous nanomaterials using pull spinning. Macromolecular Materials and Engineering. 17 January 2017. DOI: 10.1002/mame.201600404. [Epub ahead of print].
93. Dauth S, Maoz BM, Sheehy SP, Hemphill MA, Murty T, Macedonia MK, Greer AM, Budnik B, Parker KK. Neurons derived from different brain regions are inherently different in vitro: A novel multiregional brain-on-a-chip. Journal of Neurophysiology. 28 December 2016. doi: 10.1152/jn.00575.2016. [Epub ahead of print]
92. Pasqualini FS, Nesmith AP, Horton RE, Sheehy SP, Parker KK. Mechanotransduction and Metabolism in Cardiomyocyte Microdomains. BioMed Research International. 4 December 2016. PMCID: PMC5164897.
91. Benam KH, Novak R, Nawroth J, Hirano-Kobayashi M, Ferrante TC, Choe Y, Prantil-Baun R, Weaver JC, Bahinski A, Parker KK, Ingber DE. Matched-Comparative Modeling of Normal and Diseased Human Airway Responses Using a Microengineered Breathing Lung Chip. Cell Systems. 27 October 2016. doi:10.1016/j.cels.2016.10.003 [Epub ahead of print].
90. Lind JU, Busbee TA, Valentine AD, Pasqualini FS, Yuan H, Yadid M, Park SJ, Kotikian A, Nesmith AP, Campbell PH, Vlassak JJ, Lewis JA, Parker KK. Instrumented cardiac microphysiological devices via multimaterial three-dimensional printing. Nature Materials. 24 October 2016; doi: 10.1038/nmat4782.
89. Gonzalez GM, MacQueen LA, Lind JU, Fitzgibbons SA, Chantre CO, Huggler I, Golecki HM, Goss JA, Parker KK. Production of synthetic, para-aramid and biopolymer nanofibers by immersion rotary jet-spinning. Macromolecular Materials and Engineering. 7 October 2016; doi: 10.1002/mame.201600365 [Epub ahead of print].
88. Pasqualini FS, Emmert MY, Parker KK, Hoerstrup SP. Organ Chips: Quality Assurance Systems in Regenerative Medicine. Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2016 Oct 6. doi: 10.1002/cpt.527. [Epub ahead of print]