Welcome Louise! February 16th, 2016
The DBG would like to welcome Louise Lagendijk, who joined the group in January. Louise is a physician and researcher from The Netherlands, and we are excited to have her with us!
The latest on our Art & Science Collaboration November 16th, 2015
Check out this article from artfixdaily.com for the latest news on our collaboration with artist Carla Ciuffo: http://www.artfixdaily.com/artwire/release/9911-harvard-visiting-artist-carla-ciuffo-merges-art-with-cutting-edge
Welcome to the DBG! October 21st, 2015
The DBG would like to welcome our new Post-Doctoral Fellow Adrian Buganza Tepole. Adrian comes to us from Stanford University, where he recently completed his Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering. We are excited to have Adrian join us!
Merging Art and Science September 17th, 2015
Recently the DBG had the pleasure of hosting Nashville, TN based artist Carla Ciuffo for a collaboration with our Nanofibers team, resulting in a new traveling museum exhibit titled “Nano . Stasis” The objective of this multimedia exhibition is to unify a stunning advance in science with its artistic counterpart, in effect emphasizing how creativity, beauty and science are truly intertwined. Learn more about how she is merging art with science here: http://www.carlaciuffophotography.com/nano-stasis-cosmic-garden
Thank you and Farewell Summer Students! September 10th, 2015
Thank you to all the undergraduate students who spent time working in the lab over the summer. We wish you all the best this school year!
Joe Festa, Harvard University
Ryan Halvorson, Harvard University
Charlie Alver, Harvard University
Yinka Ogunbiyi, Harvard University
John Doyle, Bunker Hill Community College
Jorge Jiminez, University of Rochester
Mary Kate Macedonia, Case Western Reserve University
Taler Brazelle, United States Military Academy at West Point
Jack Ward, United States Military Academy at West Point
Kevin Talty, United States Military Academy at West Point
Ginny Phillips, United States Military Academy at West Point
Thomas Manuel, Mississippi State University
Adrian Ledesma-Mendoza, University of New Mexico
William Mehalick, Bunker Hill Community College
Joy Rosa-Jackson, Howard University
82. Capulli AK, MacQueen LA, O’Connor BB, Dauth S, Parker KK. Acute pergolide exposure stiffens engineered valve interstitial cell tissues and reduced contractility in vitro. Cardiovascular Pathology. 2016 Apr 25; 25(4):316-324. doi: 10.1016/j.carpath.2016.04.004. [Epub ahead of print]
81. Capulli AK, MacQueen LA, Sheehy SP, Parker KK. Fibrous scaffolds for building hearts and heart parts. Adv. drug delivery reviews. 2016 Jan 15. 96, 83-102. doi:10.1016/j.addr.2015.11.020
80. Aratyn-Schaus Y, Pasqualini FS, Yuan H, McCain ML, Ye GJ, Sheehy SP, Campbell PH, Parker KK. Coupling primary and stem cell-derived cardiomyocytes in an in vitro model of cardiac cell therapy. J Cell Biol. 2016 Feb 8. doi: 10.1083/jcb.201508026
79. Dauth S, Grevesse T, Pantazopoulos H, Campbell PH, Maoz, BM, Berretta S and Parker KK. Extracellular matrix protein expression is brain region dependent. J Comp Neurol. 2016 Jan 18. doi: 10.1002/cne.23965. [Epub ahead of print]
78. Horton RE, Yadid M, McCain, ML, Sheehy SP, Pasqualini FS, Park SJ, Cho A, Campbell P, Parker KK. Angiotensin II Induced Cardiac Dysfunction on a Chip. PLos ONE. 2016; 1(1): e0146415. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0146415
77. Maia PD, Hemphill MA, Zehnder B, Zhang C, Parker KK, Kutz JN. Diagnostic tools for evaluating the impact of Focal Axonal Swellings arising in neurodegenerative diseases and/or traumatic brain injury. J Neurosci Methods. 2015 Sept 30;253:233-243. Epub 2015 Jul 16.
76. Ahn S, Deravi LF, Park SJ, Dabiri BE, Kim JS, Parker KK, Shin K. Self-organizing large-scale extracellular-matrix protein networks. Adv Mater. 2015 May 13;27(18):2838-45. Epub 2015 Mar 31.